About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, September 23

Today's agenda will include: 


Warm Up 
Paragraph #4
Check Homework
Grammar - Complete Subject/Predicate Worksheet 
Vocabulary - page 18  
Reading- chk Hanging in There Worksheet.  Discuss Francisco X. Alarcon  chk complete worksheet

Listening Comphrension
Becoming Joe DiMaggio -by Maria Testa

Chapter 1: Dreams 1936
-This takes place before WWII


Chapter 4: The Second Gift
-Students infer that his gift was his introduction into baseball.


Chapter 5: Conversations
-Students discover that Joseph's father goes to jail.


Chapter 7: The Word
-Students learned that Big Dago, a negative nickname for Joe DiMaggio, is a racial slur for Italians.



PURPOSE QUESTION: Why is it important to Papa-Angelo that  Joseph Paul aspire to his own dream rather than aspiring to become Joe DiMaggio?

No comments:

Post a Comment