About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 15th

Objectives
  1. Learn about and practice the comprehension skil "Describe a Setting"
    • Setting is the time and place in which a story happens.
  2. Build Fluency
  3. Recognize, read, and understand the vocabulary
  4. Learn to define and recognize a fable
    • A fable is a fictious story intended to instruct of teach a moral lesson
Reading
  • Pre-Reading questions
  • Finding a New Spring
  • Purpose Question: How is the merchant different from the rest of the people in the caravan?
Spelling
  • Pop Quiz
  • Compound Words
Vocabulary
  • Review Definitons
Writing
Students will be writing a letter that expresses their opinion/point of view that aims to convince readers to agree with the writers opinion/ point of view
  • Persuasive Letter

No comments:

Post a Comment