About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27th with Homework

Welcome back to WEEK 3 !!!!

This week we will be reading Esperanza Rising, a story of a Mexican girl growing up during the 1930s Depression.

Also, this week the girls will be focusing on Resourcefulness. Resourcefulness is being able to act effectively or imaginatively, especially in difficult situations.

Tonight's Homework

Read - Dona Flor
Reflect on the following quote: "Every rose has its thorn" What are the thorns you have encountered along your journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment