About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Extra Credit

In an effort to include the parents in the WMSG community, this is an extra credit assignment that requests parent/ guardian support.

DUE: FRIDAY, September 17th

Share with your student a short story from your early years. The story should have a very clear beginning and ending. For example,
  •  When I was five years old I was very mischievous. During the holiday season I used to sneak into my parents' room and look for my presents. One year, I found a ton of gifts under my parents' bed. While I was rummaging through the collection of toys my mom walked into the room and caught me. As a punishment for peeking, she made me return all of the toys to the store. On Christmas morning I did not expect to receive gifts, but to my surprise my mother had repurchased and wrapped all of the gifts. Even though I received presents, I learned my lesson and never peeked again.
Then ask your student to write a summary of the events.
This summary should be handwritten, two pages, and double spaced.
It should include proper WMSG heading

No comments:

Post a Comment