About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, September 13th

Objectives
  • To learn and practice comprehension strategies
    • Set a purpose for reading
    • Make predictions
    • Make Inferences about Characters, Setting, and Events
  • Identify good listening behaviors
  • To understand and practice good listening behaviors
  • To spell compound words
  • To learn about and practice word recognition strategies
  • To learn about and understand your purpose for writing
  • To learn about and practice the comprehension skill Understanding Figurative Language
  • To build Fluency
  • To recognize, read, and understand the vocabulary for this section
  • To practice and apply the comprehension strategy Ask & Answer and skill Understanding Figurative Language

No comments:

Post a Comment