About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, April 30, 2012

THE CIRCUIT: Chapter 3, Inside Out

Vocabulary
•corridos – popular songs
•Como se dice ‘es tuyo’ en ingles? – How do you say ‘it’s yours’ in English?

Questions
  1. Where are they? What time of year is it? What are they picking?
  2. Compare Francisco’s first day of school to your memory of your first day? What are the similarities? Differences? 
  3. Jimenez tells the story of the transformation of a caterpillar into a butterfly in this story. How does this relate to going to school for Francisco?
  4. Why does the author name this chapter “Inside Out”? What does he mean by this?
  5. Why has the author included this story in the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment