About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, April 30, 2012

THE CIRCUIT: Chapter 2, Soledad








Vocabulary
• Soledad – solitude; being alone
•Carcachita – what they call their old jalopy, or car
•si - yes




Questions
  1. Where are they? What are they picking?
  2. What problems do they encounter?
  3. What values do we see in this chapter that are important to this family?
  4. Why do you think the author named this chapter “Soledad?” 
  5. What connection is there between this word and what happens to Francisco in this chapter?
  6. Why has the author included this memory in his book? What is he trying to tell his readers?

4 comments: