About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, April 30, 2012

THE CIRCUIT: Chapter 6 The Christmas Gift

Vocabulary
• paisano – fellow countryman
• Que Dios los bendiga – God bless you
•Feliz Navidad – Merry Christmas

Questions
  1. Where is the family? What are they picking?
  2. What difficulties are they facing right now? How are they solving their problems?
  3. Think about this Christmas story. How does it compare to your usual Christmas? Does it remind you of any Christmases in your life?
  4.  In “The Christmas Gift”, the Jimenez family meets a couple that seems poorer than they are. Who helps this young couple? Were you surprised?
  5.  What is the significance of the chapter title? (Think of all the gifts given and received in this chapter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment