About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Homework: Due Tuesday

Dear 7th graders,

You are going to write your own historical episode. A historical episode is a story written to portray real events from a specific time period. The story, however, may contain real and/or contrived characters. For homework tonight:
  1. Select your time frame
  2. Select a significant event from this time period
  3. Select one real character and create an imaginary character 
  4. Write the theme of your story
EXAMPLE:

Time Frame: September 2001
Significant Event: 9/11 Terrorist Attacks
Real Characters: President Bush, Mayor Rudolph Giuliani
Fake Character: Abdul Hussein, LaMia Rogueson
Theme: Love and Frienship

If you are interested in this
Historical Fiction, examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment