About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Meet Senor Francisco Jimenez



















What genre book is The Circuit?

What are Francisco Jimenez’s books about?

Where did he get inspiration for these books?

Why do migrant workers move frequently?


What is a contractista? 

What was the Bracero Program? 

What does bracero mean?

What was education like for the children of migrant workers?

Who was la migra?

Why was education so important for Mr. Jimenez?

Explain how butterflies inspired the author's love for reading and school.

How are butterflies a metaphor for adolescence?




No comments:

Post a Comment