About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, March 19, 2012

We've got Spirit!

This weekend I had the privilege of watching the Angels cheer during the Rock n Roll Marathon, and it was incredible. Their spirit was infectious, and inspired many of the runners to Move Down the Course! Some of the runners even took the time to stop and commend the cheerleaders for their vibrant spirit, exciting cheers, and pristine uniforms. As the marathon progressed and the day grew warmer, many of the girls demonstrated remarkable stamina. Despite hunger, thirst, and arid temperatures, the cheerleaders remained steadfast in motivating the marathoners. 

GRRRRREAT!




'












While everyone worked really hard, I want to give a special shout out to the seventh graders . In my opinion (yes, I am a little biased because I teach them), they were exemplary! ** GREAT JOB ** (

No comments:

Post a Comment