About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!


Extra Credit 
 Directions:
  1. Read an article from the Washington Post or Kids Post.
  2. Then, write a one page reflection discussing your reaction to the article. 
    • What? 
      • What happened?
        —What did you learn?
      • To whom did it happen?
    • So What?
      • What issue is being addressed?
        • Examples: Animal Rights, Women's Rights,  Poverty, Homelessness, Bullying, Pollution
      • How do you know?  
      • Why is this an issue/ Why was this article important?
      •  Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it? 
    • Now What?
      • How can you apply what you have learned to your life?
      • What information can you share with your friends, family, and community?
      • What would you like to learn more about?


No comments:

Post a Comment