About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Brown v Board of Education

 What did Brown v Board of Education do?
 In 1954, the Supreme Court announced an end to public segregation in schools ! 

Why is this important?  
Racial segregation in public schools is unconstitutional and deprives students to equal educational opportunities

Check out these pictures.


The Smithsonian says that Separate Is Not Equal!

Watch this silent movie!

Extra Credit: 
Write a one page reaction to the movie. Or a two paragraph response on your blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment