About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Time Management









I don't know about you, but I have to work on controlling the amount of time that I spend on certain activities. Just to give you an example, today I spent an hour on facebook talking to graduates, an hour of planning graduate meetings, two hours on yearbook, one hour planning my classes, two hours reading blogs, two hours socializing with friends, and ZERO, yes ZERO hours on my homework for grad school. YIKES!


Don't get me wrong, I love school. I love working toward my Master's degree in Education, but sometimes I feel like I need a break from WORK WORK WORK WORK.


I think I totally understand how my students feel now.


Today, I am going to make a change. I am going to ensure that I am just as dedicated to my studies as my students are required to be because ultimately, I want to be successful. In order to achieve the level of success that I want to achieve, I am going to have to place more time and energy into my schoolwork


Granted, I have plenty of time to complete the two papers that are due, but I should definitely allocate my time better than I am doing right now.


I even have a plan! (I find that when you set a goal it is great to have a plan)






From now on, I am going to get started on my papers when my professor assigns them. Moreover, I am going to restrict the amount of time I spend hanging out with friends and chatting on fb. Because I really like to go out on the weekends and spending time with my friends, I will reward myself with free time AFTER I have completed my work.


Hmm... I feel like my plan may be missing a few things, so I am open to suggestions.
AHHH. Another 20 minutes gone to blogging. I guess I should go and do my work. :/








If you have any suggestions for me PLEASE comment. I would love to read your feedback.


...Until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment