About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Taking on a New Theme and Challenging Perspectives

This week students will listen to different types of music to learn different perspective taking techniques. Our focus this week will be practicing empathy. Empathy is the ability to understand the feelings and thoughts of others.
electric motor optical illusion
Looks like it's moving, but it's not!
It is all about perspective.
In addition to learning about perspective taking, students learned about articulating their thoughts and feelings by using simple and compound sentences.

BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR:

 Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics (G.U.M. book)
Students should complete Lesson 12

Word Wisdom (WW Book)
Students should complete Unit 2, Part 4 (the review section)

Read for Real
Students should be reading and taking notes on Unit 1, Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment