About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Analagies

What is an analogy?
A similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based

Bear is to Hibernation


As Bird is to ______________

Birds flying above lake great National Geographic landscape


  1. What is the first thing you do when you see an analogy?
    • Answer: FIGURE OUT THE RELATIONSHIP
  •  
  • What is the relationship between BEAR and HIBERNATION?
    • Answer: A bear hibernates in the winter.
  • What does a bird do in the winter?
    • Answer: Migrate!
Bear: Hibernation as Bird: Migration

No comments:

Post a Comment