About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Extra Credit- Due Monday

Directions: Use these pictures to activitate your imagination. Read the captions under each picture and follow the directions to write a one paragraph response. Try to use as many adjectives as you can. Enjoy! 

Pretend you are a fish in this California aquarium. Write a poem that describes your life in the tank
 




Pretend you are a princess and this is your view. Write a diary entry that decribes what you see, hear, smell, and feel each morning.
 


2 comments:

  1. Ms. Humpries, I am a little confused as to the extra credit assignment. We only see one picture of the tank withe Nemo fish. However you have two sets of directions. One says to read the captions under each picture, but we do not see multiple pictures. And then the other directions say to pretedn you are a fish in the aquarium. Can you please clarify for us what directions actually apply to the picture. And where are the multiple pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unsure of the technical problem, but I will grant your student an extension. She may hand in the assignment using pictures from home. Please make sure that each description is at least 2 paragraphs. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete