About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Letter Home: Personal Narratives

Dear Parent/ Guardian,

Currently, your student is in the drafting phase of the writing process. Ask your student to share her story with you. It should reflect a significant moment that impacted her life dreams/goals. If you would like to provide your student with feedback or assistance, you may check for the following:
  1. Does the story have a clear beginning, middle, and end?
  2. Does she explain her dream and who/what inspired her toward that dream?
  3. Does your student capture your interest?
  4. Could she add or subtract details?
  5. Is the narrative at least 5 paragraphs?
Thank you all for your continued encouragement and support! Check back for more information on classroom activities, homework, and the 2nd Publishing Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment