About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Extra Credit!

It is officially Black History Month.


Look up one of the following people.


  • Stokely Carmichael
  • Henrietta Lacks
  • Marcus Garvey 
  • Thurgood Marshall
  • Claudette Colvin
 
On your blog:

Tell me about the person. Mini biography
What was their contribution to the world, or African American community?
What is your impression of this person?

No comments:

Post a Comment