About Me

My photo
I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans (Geaux Wolfpack!) with a B.A. in Psychology. I recently completed two years as an AmeriCorps member during which I found a home at the Washington Middle School for Girls. Prior to WMSG, I worked as an adult education instructor for the Corrections Organized for Re-entry program (CORe). My mission at WMSG is to empower the students and stregnthen their voice. I hope to inspire a love of learning and a love of self.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

WORD OF THE WEEK Assignment #1 and #2

 

*Tranquil*



All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity. 
~Robert Kennedy~



When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear.
Buddha

ASSIGNMENT#1
CONTEXT CLUES
Read. Look. Think. Predict.
What do you think tranquil means? Why? 
Use a dictionary to check your answer.  
 
ASSIGNMENT #2
On your blog -
Write about a place that provides tranquility for you.
Why is this location tranquil?
Please be sure to use the word of the week in your response
 

No comments:

Post a Comment